dansfingerboardinginc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
dansfingerboardinginc

A great community for fingerboarders to share tips and tricks, videos, pics and many more.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HOW TO OLLIE DETAILED

Go down 
AuthorMessage
element s
element s

HOW TO OLLIE DETAILED Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO OLLIE DETAILED   HOW TO OLLIE DETAILED Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:08 pm

hey!!! Im gonna teach you how to ollie ( or help you ).

How To Ollie!!!

- first, start with your front foot on the middle of your board and your back foot right at the top of the tail. Now pop down but now the most important thing with a ollie is to jump. If you do not jump then the board will go no were and you will not ollie.

- so now, you have jumped up, (you must jump) sometimes you may have to jump forward but mostly when practicing flatland just mostly jump up, At first while you are practising them do worry to much about levelling the board out because you do not want to over do your ollie while you are practising because you will make things difficult for your self.

-so to re-cap, pop down and jump (like I said, you must jump). Don’t worry about levelling out because at first you only want to lift all the weels up of the floor so you can get the timing and feel of the ollie.

- once you have that down then try to make them higher bye once popped and jumped drag your front foot up the board to give it the extra height and that way also you can level out your board.

- now you may want to try to pop harder and not drag your front foot straight away so this way it can make your ollies higher and look better.

TIPS

You may want to practice while moving first that way once you have a stationary ollie down you don’t have to re-learn it moving.

If you are to scared of landing on the board then before you practice, run along and roll on the floor (this is no joke) now you will no that once you have fallen it is not so bad so you wont be scared to land those ollies, trust me, it helps me loads bye doing this.

You may want to try holding on to something while you are ollieing that you can practise staying over the board and landing it right, also its helps you out also because you can put your weight on to your arms so you can tuck up longer so you can ollie higher, try this way out, it helps a lot.

PROBLEMS

The first problem that you may find is only the front wheels are lifting up so that means you are not jumping high enough and you are not popping hard enough so you will have to pop harder and jump higher.

You may notice that your back foot wont land on the board when you ollie so you may be scared to land it so hold on to something so you can get the feel of it

I hope this helps !!!!! lol!

element s

EDIT: hey everyone on a topic jahr posted "need ollie help" i gave a quick post trying to help him and I said about a good vid on youtube that helped "me" how to ollie, Heres the link right.... here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emo9IJFnB2M cool so thats one another might be .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbMAWtr4Z68 this might help coz its in slow mo but there you check em out

Last edited by element s on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : links)
Back to top Go down

HOW TO OLLIE DETAILED
Page 1 of 1